Progress of the project
Progress of the project and key dates
In order to study the technical feasibility of the wind project, environmental, landscaping and acoustic studies need to be conducted.
Environmental studies (flora and fauna) and landscaping studies were launched in winter 2020/2021 and an acoustic part will be carried out in autumn 2021.
Furthermore, a 102-metres tall wind mast was erected in July 2021 to accurately measure the wind.
The findings of all these appraisals will complete the impact assessment. This assessment will be attached to the other documents in the Application for Environmental Approval, which will be filed at the Prefecture in the 2nd half of 2022 for investigation. The investigation generally takes from 6 to 24 months, followed by a public inquiry and the Prefect’s final decision.
Project design (roughly 2 years)
The studies: environmental, landscaping, acoustic, capacity
Preparing the application for environmental approval (6 months)
- Findings of the studies
- Hazard study (regulations governing facilities classified for environmental protection)
- Independent appraisals and recommended Avoidance, Mitigation and Offsetting measures
Environmental approval procedure (1 to 2 years)
- Application filed at the Prefecture of Côtes d’Armor
- Investigation conducted by the DREAL (regional directorate for the environment, planning and housing)
- Requests for clarifications or additional information concerning the application
Public inquiry (1 month, extendable by 15 days)
- An investigating commissioner is appointed
- Public consultations and expressions of opinion
- The investigating commissioner's report and opinion
Consultation of the Côtes d’Armor Department’s Nature, Landscape and Site Commission
On the initiative of the investigating departments
The Prefect’s decision on the application
The decision is made in the light of:
- the investigation
- the opinions of all the consulted bodies